Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week 5 Chapter 4 Question 1


The best advice I can give someone who struggles with this step as mightily as I do, is come up with your personal “time out”. Whatever strategy works best for you, and no matter how long it takes. Go to the gym, read the newspaper, grab a bite to eat, whatever activity helps you to grasp the entire conflict, because only then can one move onto the next stage. My way of taking a time out is going to the gym. At the gym I can tune out the world, listen to my music, and focus on a task separate from the conflict, while still pondering ways to resolve it, once I fully understand the entire conflict. My mom on the other hand, likes to take her dog for a walk to clear her head and to fully analyze the situation. I noticed that often times when she gets into an argument or debate with my dad, or me, she excuses herself from the situation and walks her dog to get some fresh air, and be alone with her thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment