Friday, September 21, 2012

Week 5 Chapter 4 Question 1

I have personally found, as well as been told, that my biggest problem when it comes to resolving a conflict is that I get too far ahead of myself. I feel as though I am a fairly level-headed individual, as well as a good problem solver and mediator. However, my biggest problem is that I often times try and come up with solutions before the entire situation has been presented to me. In some instances, my resolution would be completely satisfactory and pertinent to the conflict, however, in other situations my resolution may be destructive or actually the opposite of what is needed to resolve the problem. Completing the first step in the S-TLC model is the most important because it allows one to completely gather all of the information needed to proceed to the next step which is “think” or as stated in the book, and more appropriately named, “analyze”.

No comments:

Post a Comment