Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oct. 22-28 Chapter 9 Managing Face

When it comes to how I represent myself on Facebook I'm fairly conservative. I am friends on Facebook with my family members and I don't want to impress poorly upon them, or have them see something that they don't approve of. Also, a lot of employers check the Facebook pages of their employees as well as potential hires. Having questionable content on your Facebook can come back to hurt you in the long run, that's why it is important to use the privacy filters so that if there is some content you don't want to share with the world, and only want a couple people to see it, you can do that. There have been plenty of times when I have posted something on a whim and either immediately deleted it, or thought about it for a while and taken it down. Facebook and Twitter are dangerous platforms because they give the satisfaction of instantly getting your problem off your chest, however once its posted, everyone can see it and make assumptions or comments whether they be constructive or destructive.

No comments:

Post a Comment